Thursday, May 28, 2009

My most favorite thing

At our school the 2nd grade does a big dance festival at the end of the year and it is one of my favorite elementary school highlights. This was Emily's year and in all honesty this was one of the reasons that we chose to stay at Legacy after our dabble into the charter school world. I told Glenn that I couldn't bear the thought of Emily not doing the 2nd grade dance. It's such a great tradition! They start learning the dances in January and they work on it for 4 months. I am always so impressed that they can remember everything. Except for the part about having to touch a boy (or girl when the boys did it) they really like it and are so proud come performance day. This year they did a square dance, the charleston, the cha cha, the Electric Slide, the salsa, a western line dance, Thriller (Em's favorite) and finished it off with the traditional chicken dance. After the performance they bring the parents out and we try to do one of the dances with them. I think it was the Electric Slide and I was completely out of my realm. It was so much fun- I love 2nd grade!
Here's Em with her partner, Ewww!


The Electric Slide

The Salsa

Boot Scootin' Boogie

In the casket...Thriller

Zombies!!

Our cute next door neighbors.

3 comments:

RP3 said...

funny.

Laura said...

This was so fun. I enjoyed it tons. Too bad I left my camera at home. Your pictures are so fun.

Lisa said...

Those are darling! She's your spitting image, Wendy. It's fun that the school still does neat stuff like that.