
They hiked. They climbed rocks. They went to Dead Horse Point. They took in an Old West show complete with gun battle. They ate cowboy food and drank Sarsaparilla. It looked like a great time. Here's the thing though...their oldest son is graduating this year. Oldest son. Graduating this year. I saw their family pictures of their last spring break together and I felt a strange emotion that was part jealousy (just because they actually did it) and part panic. The panic made me take action. I've been kicking around the idea that maybe we could take a short trip this summer maybe camping, but when and where? I pulled out the planner. Here's what it looks like: Graduation May 27. Dylan on Heritage Tours May 31-June 19. My extended family in town June 20-27ish. Glenn and Garrett at Timberline June 26-July 3. Glenn to 2nd Timberline July 3-10. Garrett to National Scout Jamboree July 24-Aug. 9. Abby to Clear Creek Aug 2-6. School starts Aug 25. Hmmmmm it looks like it's gotta be August or never. So what can we do in August?
My first thought Goblin Valley, somewhere we've never been but have always wanted to, is out for me in August. Toooo hot.

How about Disneyland?

We can drive and everyone likes it, but we did that once in August and the result was tooooo hot. Then it hits me. My favorite city.... since LA is too hot we can keep right on going to.... SAN DIEGO! Yeah! I love San Diego and we've never really done a beach thing with the kids. They will love the beach. We can use Marriott points for the hotel and just kick around at the beach and all the sightseeing places. We could do Sea World if we come across a good deal but in San Diego you don't even have to! (I just typed those last few sentences in about 3 seconds flat, can you tell I'm excited?) I ran it past Glenn last night and he's in! San Diego America's Finest City. Ahh that sounds just right.
3 comments:
So fun - that's awesome. Geesh you guys are busy this summer.
Good for you! That's the way to squeeze it in!
I'm excited for you guys. You all deserve a vacation.
Post a Comment