Friday, April 3, 2009

Guinea Pig in the "Big House"

Mrs. Reyes,
I am writing to hopefully negotiate an early release for a guinea pig currently serving time in your jurisdiction. The said pig had accompanied Emily to school yesterday unbeknownst to me and was rightfully confiscated. Although this was a clear violation of policy, mine and the school's, I feel that justice has been served and the appropriate lesson has been learned. This was a particularly painful lesson for Emily as the guinea pig was an early birthday present from her dad because he is traveling this week and will not be here on her birthday. They spent Saturday together on a daddy daughter date with "Guinea" happily accompanying them home. The fact that Emily's dad actually set foot in the likes of "Justice For Girls" is further testament to the importance of the occasion. The pig has not been far from Emily since Saturday and I'll admit that this attachment should have tipped me off to her criminal intent but unfortunately I missed the signs. I can assure you that we have talked about why toys (and guinea pigs) are not allowed in school and after her miserable night I do not think Emily will be a repeat offender. If you could see fit to grant "Guinea" immunity and release him either to Emily or to me, we would be very grateful. Thank you so much for hearing our plea.
Sincerely,
Wendy Taylor:)


Luckily this letter was taken in the spirit of fun as it was intended and not as disrespectful and Guinea was pardoned the next day. The pig had been confiscated by another teacher and given to Emily's teacher Mrs. Reyes so that put her in a good position to exercise mercy in our behalf. Thank you Mrs. Reyes! Most importantly Emily did learn not to take toys to school. (Whew, crisis averted.)

6 comments:

Laura said...

The Guinew pig is a webkinz? Baylee packs her webkinz in her backpack all the time. I better show her this post. She claims she just plays with them at recess. Wow, I better have a talk with her.

Wendy said...

Emily took it to music class and was trying to hide it. A boy in the class snitched on her. Usually she only takes them to recess but I think the newness clouded her judgement. Good lesson though.

Lisa said...

That is hilarious, Wendy! I love the letter. Thank goodness he's safe at home again! :-)

Barbara said...

Great letter, Wendy.

Kim Shepherd said...

Thanks for having us over on Sunday. We had fun. What time is Emily's blessing? Is it at the same church as Abby's?

Kim Shepherd said...

Sorry I just noticed I wrote blessing. I meant baptism. I guess I'm just in baby mode.